- Touch screen controller
- Dual level optical sensors
- Integrated quick security technology
- Modes for both freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Built in power outage safety measure
- Audable and visual alarms
- Compact design
- Quiet pump operation
- Built in ATO function
- Backlit display
- Magnetic sensor mounts
- Built in wall mount bracket on controller
The Smart AWC Duo has two built in safety features to protect against any failure situation.
The specially designed optical sensors include a failsafe backup that will stop any waterchange or top up if they detect the water has gone beyond the high and low set points. In addition to this the controller has inbuilt Quick Security Technology (QST) for real-time protection.
QST can detect the malfunction of the sensor, the controller, and avoid the pump running dry in the case of an empty top up resevoir. The controller will give an audible and visual alert when any one of the following situations occurs.
- If the ATO flling time is 6 times longer than the first flling time. For example, if the frst flling time is 10 sec, the controller will give an alert when any flling time is over 60 sec.
- If the auto water change draining time or filling time is 3 times longer than the first one. For example, if the first draining or filling time is 20 sec, the controller will give an alert when any draining or filling time is over 60 sec.
During a water change the controller will automatically disable the built in ATO to prevent excess fresh top up water being added. After the water change is complete the ATO will remain off for 3 minutes to allow any fluctuation in water level to settle.