Liquid pH buffer and carbonate hardness supplement
For good coral growth, saltwater aquariums require optimum buffering with stable carbonate hardness between 7 and 9 °dH. Fluctuations in the pH value, as for example in the case of excess acidity due to excrement and decomposition processes, quickly cause stress and diseases in all the aquarium inhabitants, thereby shortening the life of the young animals. Tropic Marin® LIQUID BUFFER effectively increases the carbonate hardness and stabilises the pH value at an optimum range between pH 8.1 and 8.4.
Tropic Marin® LIQUID BUFFER contains carbonates and hydrogen carbonates.
1000 ml LIQUID BUFFER contain 2,800 °carbonate hardness. 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) of LIQUID BUFFER per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume increase the carbonate hardness about 0.8 °dH.
- Helps quickly and reliably if the pH is outside the recommended range of 8.1 - 8.4.
- Kicks in if sediment has reduced the alkalinity and thus the buffering capacity of the water.
- Reduces the stress for all aquarium inhabitants with more stable water conditions.
- Suitable for an aquarium stocked with marine fish, soft corals, LPS, SPS, other filter feeders and/or crustaceans.
- Easy to apply – suitable both for manual dosing and for dosing pumps.
Application and dosage
Regularly check the carbonate hardness and pH of the aquarium water with the Tropic Marin® KH/ALKALINITY-TEST and the pH-TEST. In saltwater aquariums, carbonate hardness should be 6 - 9 °dH, with a pH value from 8.1 to 8.4.
If significantly different values are measured (pH less than 7.7 or greater than 8.6 / carbonate hardness under 5 °dH), use 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) of LIQUID BUFFER per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume, thus supplying about 0.8 °dH. Repeat daily if necessary. Do not exceed a carbonate hardness of 9 °dH.
Be the first to review this product
Seen a lower price elsewhere? Aquatics Revolution will do our best to match any price request, simply click below