Ultra concentrated calcium and carbonate hardness for advanced reef aquarists
With Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium, the total calcium and carbonate hardness needs of a typical reef aquarium can be covered with a single solution, without any additional unwanted compounds or excess carbon dioxide being created.
Minerals are consumed through the growth of organisms and other processes in the aquarium and must therefore be supplemented regularly. These include mainly calcium and carbonate hardness elements for the growth of the calcareous skeletons of stony corals, red coralline algae and other reef organisms. The special co-ordinated components in Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium provide excellent care conditions in only a single solution.
Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium prevents all the side effects of other methods of calcium hardness: the pH remains stable; there is no excess CO2 and there is no risk of unwanted phosphates being introduced through coral breakage. In addition, there is neither a creeping increase in salinity, nor increased oxygen consumption through carbon compounds.
• For the first time, the calcium and carbonate supply is possible with only a single solution
• Every day, a few ml of highly concentrated solution are enough to cover the entire calcium and carbonate hardness needs
• Suitable for all aquarium sizes
• No formation of by-products (e.g. sodium chloride); the salinity and the ion balance are not altered
• No formation of excess carbon dioxide
• Suitable for an aquarium stocked with soft corals, LPS, SPS and/or other filter feeders
• Easy to apply – suitable both for manual dosing and for dosing pumps
How to use:
Start with a daily dose of 5 ml of Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume. Increase the daily dosage – by continuous control of the alkalinity – weekly by 2.5 ml per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume, until a constant carbonate hardness of 7 to 9 °dH is reached. At the same time, check the calcium concentration in the aquarium – it should be between 400-440 mg/l.
Do not exceed a maximum daily dose of 25 ml of Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume.
Be the first to review this product
Seen a lower price elsewhere? Aquatics Revolution will do our best to match any price request, simply click below