For determining the pH-value in saltwater aquaria
The pH value or “degree of acidity” indicates how acidic or basic (alkaline) water is. Pure water is neutral and has a pH value of 7. If the acidic components outweigh the alkaline components, the pH value falls (pH 7). Many organisms are extremely sensitive to significant fluctuations in the pH value.
In saltwater aquariums, the optimum pH value range is between 8.0 and 8.5, as it is in the ocean. Significant fluctuations and overly sharp decreases or increases in the pH value should be avoided at all costs. Therefore, the degree of acidity in the tank should be tested on a regular basis.
• Measurement range for saltwater: pH 7.4 – 9.4
• Accuracy: 0,2 – 0,3
• For determining the pH-value in saltwater aquaria
• Quick and easy: just add 1 drop of reagent per measurement
• Sufficient for approximately 100 applications
• Allows the determination of the pH-value with the help of a finely tuned colour scale
How to use:
1. Shake the dropper bottle before use!
2. Rinse out the glass cuvette with tap water and then several times with aquarium water.
3. Fill the glass cuvette with exactly 5 ml of aquarium water using the dosing syringe.
4. Add 1 drop of pH test reagent, close the glass cuvette using the stopper and briefly shake the solution.
5. Place the glass cuvette on the white inner circles of the colour card and compare it to the surrounding colour fields. To do this, look into the open cuvette from above.
6. Read off the measured pH value under the relevant colour field.
7. Rinse out the glass cuvette and the syringe thoroughly with tap water after the measurement process.
How to correct unfavourable values
If the pH value is too high or too low in the saltwater tank, we recommend using Tropic Marin® TRIPLE BUFFER or LIQUID BUFFER as well as a partial water change. Where applicable, the settings on devices or doses of additives which influence the pH value must be adjusted (e.g. calcium carbonate reactors, lime water).
Be the first to review this product
Seen a lower price elsewhere? Aquatics Revolution will do our best to match any price request, simply click below