The Jumpguard Pro Aquarium Cover is a kit of parts which allows the aquarist to create a custom frame for their specific aquarium. The rigid corners and extruded aluminium section create a very solid frame which sits neatly inside glass of the aquarium glass, resting on the top lip.
- 90cm x 90cm (36" x 36") Black mesh
- 5 x 75cm lengths of section in black extrusion profile
- 1 x red spline roller tool
- 6 x black standard corners
- Black spline,total length 3.5m
- 2 x Black finger pull
- 2 x Reverse corner
- 1 x 75cm brace bar
- 4 x brace clips
D-D manufacture a range of additional accessories for the jumpguard frames to make them truly flexible for a wide range of aquariums.
- MULTI-CUTOUT - Contains 3 standard cutout solutions for 3 specific sized apertures or offsets.
- FLEXI-CUTOUT - Allows you to create a custom sized cutout for larger overflow boxes, pipes & lights.
- BRACE BAR SET - To provide additional support across the width of the aquarium when using multiple cut-outs or larger frame spans.
NEW PROFILE DESIGN
The special extruded aluminium profile is now shaped with a lip which sits directly onto the edge of the glass, removing the requirement for any additional clips or brackets. The section is extruded then powder coated in a tough, low sheen, black finish for greater scratch resistance and greater aesthetics.
SPECIAL CORNERS INTEGRATE WITH SILICONE JOINTS
The lower section of the corners is specifically designed so that it does not interfere with the silicone bead in the corners of your tank which gives a tight fit to the glass with no gaps. It also makes it easier and neater to cut off the corner if you want to bring wires out at the back of the tank for pumps and heaters.
NEW BLACK MESH WITH MAXIMUM LIGHT PENETRATION
For those concerned with loss of light penetration into your reef tanks, D-D tested light levels with a Apogee MQ-200 meter and got the following results:
PAR without cover around 390 - 400 • PAR with cover around 380 - 390 • Approximately a 2.5% reduction in light with no shadowing at all.